- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
21 February 2013
BRASIL / USA : Court Drops Criminal Charges Vs Chevron, Transocean.
A federal judge dropped all criminal charges against Chevron, Transocean and 17 executives...for a 2011 oil spill of some 155,000 gallons in deep water off Rio state.
The executives faced a max of 31 years in prison for 'crimes vs the environment.'
Rio state prosecutors have 5 days to appeal.
Chevron and Transocean are still plaintiffs in 2 civil cases...seeking $20 billion in damages...for the same minor Rio spill.
Chevron has reportedly offered to pay $160 million to end the suits.