- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
21 February 2013
BRASIL / USA : Court Drops Criminal Charges Vs Chevron, Transocean.
A federal judge dropped all criminal charges against Chevron, Transocean and 17 executives...for a 2011 oil spill of some 155,000 gallons in deep water off Rio state.
The executives faced a max of 31 years in prison for 'crimes vs the environment.'
Rio state prosecutors have 5 days to appeal.
Chevron and Transocean are still plaintiffs in 2 civil cases...seeking $20 billion in damages...for the same minor Rio spill.
Chevron has reportedly offered to pay $160 million to end the suits.