- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
08 November 2012
BRASIL : Rio State Governor Throws Fit Over 6% Budget Cut; Threatens 2014 World Cup/Olympics.
2012-11-07/rio-says-world-cup- a-bust-as-congress-strips- state-of-taxes-2-.html
Let the budget games begin!
Rio state Governor Sergio Cabral is upset that Congress has passed a law that strips away 6% of his budget/$2 billion...by redistributing oil royalty payments.
He claims that new cuts endanger Rio's 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics construction.
The $13.5 billion stadium and infrastructure improvements are already behind schedule.
Cabral told reporters: 'It's absolutely not viable. We are going to close the doors. We won't do the Olympics, we won't do the Cup.'
The bill must still be signed by President Rousseff.
An analyst says: 'She's between a rock and a hard place, having to choose between upsetting a few close allies and a lot of non-producing states. This battle won't be over soon.'