- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
09 August 2012
ARGENTINA : Official Proposes: Let The Poor Eat Pigeons; Cordoba Governor Suspends Him.
It's a slow news day...during the heat of summer's dog days...with many on vacation...aside from Olympics results.
Maybe that's why the BBC and Telegraph both featured the story of a provincial official who proposed feeding pigeons to poor school children.
Wildlife official Oscar De Allende was suspended by Cordoba's governor...after he floated the idea on a radio show.
He said the province had 600 million pigeons...that the bird was considered a delicacy in other countries...and was an 'abundant' source of cheap protein.