- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
09 August 2012
ARGENTINA : Official Proposes: Let The Poor Eat Pigeons; Cordoba Governor Suspends Him.
It's a slow news day...during the heat of summer's dog days...with many on vacation...aside from Olympics results.
Maybe that's why the BBC and Telegraph both featured the story of a provincial official who proposed feeding pigeons to poor school children.
Wildlife official Oscar De Allende was suspended by Cordoba's governor...after he floated the idea on a radio show.
He said the province had 600 million pigeons...that the bird was considered a delicacy in other countries...and was an 'abundant' source of cheap protein.