- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
09 August 2012
ARGENTINA : Official Proposes: Let The Poor Eat Pigeons; Cordoba Governor Suspends Him.
It's a slow news day...during the heat of summer's dog days...with many on vacation...aside from Olympics results.
Maybe that's why the BBC and Telegraph both featured the story of a provincial official who proposed feeding pigeons to poor school children.
Wildlife official Oscar De Allende was suspended by Cordoba's governor...after he floated the idea on a radio show.
He said the province had 600 million pigeons...that the bird was considered a delicacy in other countries...and was an 'abundant' source of cheap protein.