- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
18 July 2012
PORTUGAL / SPAIN / EUROZONE : Lisboa Gets Plaudits, Rajoy Jeers..From Markets About Reforms.
Spain's PM Mariano Rajoy apparently needs to more closely follow neighboring Portugal's path to restore market confidence and avoid an international bailout.
In Lisboa...PM Passos Coelho took a tough uncomplaining route and kept the TROIKA content...while Rajoy delivered a defiant mixed message...and then procrastinated...until the last minute.
The markets continue to punish Spain...as its 10-year bond hovers around the untenable 7% level.