- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
03 May 2012
USA : 05 May UPDATE: Spirit Airlines Chief Feels Boycott Heat For $100 Carry-on Plan.
This news blog has posted in the past about the mean spirited nature of Spirit Airlines.
Spirit leads...ALL...USA airlines for customer complaints.
A Facebook page has blossomed...urging a boycott of it...with 30,000 supporters.
The editor would join it...if I still used Facebook...and remembered my old password.
The new outrage is over a proposed charge for carry-on....and its recent treatment of a dying Marine vet.
It really got going when Spirit announced that it will charge $100 for any large carry-on bag on 6 November...unless paid for in advance...or at the kiosk rate of $50.
One industry observer calls it 'skyway robbery.'
An exec with Flyers Rights says: 'Spirit Airlines has a history of cruelty toward their passengers but they continue to treat them like meat in a seat because their fares are so low they are confident people will fly with them. But the fact is people are damaged by Spirit every day and Spirit has a culture of 'I don't care.'
Spirit flies to some of this blog's nations of interest...in Latin America and the Caribe.