- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
03 May 2012
USA : 05 May UPDATE: Spirit Airlines Chief Feels Boycott Heat For $100 Carry-on Plan.
This news blog has posted in the past about the mean spirited nature of Spirit Airlines.
Spirit leads...ALL...USA airlines for customer complaints.
A Facebook page has blossomed...urging a boycott of it...with 30,000 supporters.
The editor would join it...if I still used Facebook...and remembered my old password.
The new outrage is over a proposed charge for carry-on....and its recent treatment of a dying Marine vet.
It really got going when Spirit announced that it will charge $100 for any large carry-on bag on 6 November...unless paid for in advance...or at the kiosk rate of $50.
One industry observer calls it 'skyway robbery.'
An exec with Flyers Rights says: 'Spirit Airlines has a history of cruelty toward their passengers but they continue to treat them like meat in a seat because their fares are so low they are confident people will fly with them. But the fact is people are damaged by Spirit every day and Spirit has a culture of 'I don't care.'
Spirit flies to some of this blog's nations of interest...in Latin America and the Caribe.