- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
03 May 2012
USA : 05 May UPDATE: Spirit Airlines Chief Feels Boycott Heat For $100 Carry-on Plan.
This news blog has posted in the past about the mean spirited nature of Spirit Airlines.
Spirit leads...ALL...USA airlines for customer complaints.
A Facebook page has blossomed...urging a boycott of it...with 30,000 supporters.
The editor would join it...if I still used Facebook...and remembered my old password.
The new outrage is over a proposed charge for carry-on....and its recent treatment of a dying Marine vet.
It really got going when Spirit announced that it will charge $100 for any large carry-on bag on 6 November...unless paid for in advance...or at the kiosk rate of $50.
One industry observer calls it 'skyway robbery.'
An exec with Flyers Rights says: 'Spirit Airlines has a history of cruelty toward their passengers but they continue to treat them like meat in a seat because their fares are so low they are confident people will fly with them. But the fact is people are damaged by Spirit every day and Spirit has a culture of 'I don't care.'
Spirit flies to some of this blog's nations of interest...in Latin America and the Caribe.