- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
04 March 2012
POLAND: 5 March UPDATE: Rail Controller Charged In Krakow Train Crash That Killed 16 Dead, Injured 58.
A rail traffic controller will be prosecuted for the crash of 2 express trains near Krakow...that killed 16 and injured 58.
He faces up to 8 years in jail.
The southbound Warsaw to Krakow train was inexplicably on the wrong mainline track....when it smashed into a second passenger train...at Szczekociny.
There was maintenance work underway when the 9:15 pm accident occurred.
PM Donald Tusk says it is Poland's 'most tragic train catastrophe...in many years.'
Poland's state run rail system is old and in need of modernization...but there have been some improvements ahead of the Euro Cup...which starts in less than 100 days.
The government insists that train travel is safe.
ORIGINAL LINK : WITH... 22 crash fotos