- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
27 March 2012
BRASIL: Expat Oil Workers Comfortable With Bureaucracy, Anti-Foreigner Feelings.
The recent rough legal treatment of oil giant Chevron's 17 employees...over a 3,000 bbl oil leak in Rio's Frade field...has most expats simply shrugging their shoulders...over confiscated passports...fines and possible jail sentences of up to 30 years.
A Canadian oil worker said: "This prosecution is strange. I think people, more than anything, were surprised they've taken it, or appear to want to take it, to this extent. It's really politically driven from what I can see in talking to some of my Brazilian friends. But Brazil has always had a bit of an anti-foreigner current underlying much of what they do."