- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
27 March 2012
BRASIL: Expat Oil Workers Comfortable With Bureaucracy, Anti-Foreigner Feelings.
The recent rough legal treatment of oil giant Chevron's 17 employees...over a 3,000 bbl oil leak in Rio's Frade field...has most expats simply shrugging their shoulders...over confiscated passports...fines and possible jail sentences of up to 30 years.
A Canadian oil worker said: "This prosecution is strange. I think people, more than anything, were surprised they've taken it, or appear to want to take it, to this extent. It's really politically driven from what I can see in talking to some of my Brazilian friends. But Brazil has always had a bit of an anti-foreigner current underlying much of what they do."