- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
27 March 2012
BRASIL: Expat Oil Workers Comfortable With Bureaucracy, Anti-Foreigner Feelings.
The recent rough legal treatment of oil giant Chevron's 17 employees...over a 3,000 bbl oil leak in Rio's Frade field...has most expats simply shrugging their shoulders...over confiscated passports...fines and possible jail sentences of up to 30 years.
A Canadian oil worker said: "This prosecution is strange. I think people, more than anything, were surprised they've taken it, or appear to want to take it, to this extent. It's really politically driven from what I can see in talking to some of my Brazilian friends. But Brazil has always had a bit of an anti-foreigner current underlying much of what they do."