- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
14 January 2012
The expensive $170 million...but miserably failed 13 ton Mars probe called Phobos-Grunt...crashed thru the atmosphere...and some of it landed west of Chile's Wellington Island...on Sunday.
But other parts apparently landed across the globe...including the Indian Ocean.
The probe's ambitious mission was to scoop up rocks from a Martian moon...and bring them back to earth.
It was launched on 8 November...parked about 345km above earth...but failed to blast off to Mars.
The Russians predicted some 20-30 fragments...weighing about 200 kgs...would penetrate the atmosphere and fall into the Pacific...somewhere off Chile's coast.
Russia has had a run of space failures recently.
TO SEE: alleged :17 Video of Probe Crashing Into Indian Ocean.