- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
14 January 2012
The expensive $170 million...but miserably failed 13 ton Mars probe called Phobos-Grunt...crashed thru the atmosphere...and some of it landed west of Chile's Wellington Island...on Sunday.
But other parts apparently landed across the globe...including the Indian Ocean.
The probe's ambitious mission was to scoop up rocks from a Martian moon...and bring them back to earth.
It was launched on 8 November...parked about 345km above earth...but failed to blast off to Mars.
The Russians predicted some 20-30 fragments...weighing about 200 kgs...would penetrate the atmosphere and fall into the Pacific...somewhere off Chile's coast.
Russia has had a run of space failures recently.
TO SEE: alleged :17 Video of Probe Crashing Into Indian Ocean.