- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
14 January 2012
The USA's expensive $8 billion 'Plan Colombia' seems to have worked...on one level.
Narcos have slowed and even stopped processing coca into cocaine there...but only to move production to Venezuela, Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador.
They have shifted to nations where leaders are ambivalent or loath to work with the USA.
"Colombia is leaving behind its old image of the failed state in the hands of drug traffickers," said Colombia's top police official. "But evidently…that has produced a balloon effect"...where narcos pushed out of one area...pop-up in another.