- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
09 January 2012
For 5 decades...it was illegal to buy or sell homes...except thru a slow and difficult process callled 'permuta'.
Since a ban was lifted in November...the isla grande is alive with 'for sale' signs.
It may be President Raul Castro's most popular reform yet.
Asking prices vary from a few thousand dollars...to 6 figures.
"Most of the houses sold are (being bought) with the help of family abroad, if not it wouldn't be possible because their value is going up a lot now," said a Cuban.
Most Cubans earn about $20 per month.