- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
14 December 2011
President Hugo Chavez plans on spending some $3.7bn on new welfare programs...ahead of his October 2012 re-election run.
He will increase pensions for over 200,000 retirees and begin paying needy children a $100-a-month.
Experts predict even more spending increases are likely.
Recent polling shows Chavez with about a 50% popularity.