- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
29 December 2011
Moscow took a giant step...in its efforts to put pressure on Ukraine's gas pipeline...when Istanbul agreed to permit Gazprom's South Stream pipeline to be built across its territories.
The project will give Russia a straight shot into Europe under the Black Sea...bypassing Ukraine.
South Stream could be completed by 2015.
Moscow and Kiev have long been disputing nat gas rates.
Ukraine is presently paying $400/mcm...but insists that a fairer price is $250/mcm.
It is threatening to take Russia to international mediation...and even switch back to coal.
The EU is backing a costly competing pipeline...the Nabucco...from the Caspian to Austria.
Nabucco's approval may be announced in 2012.