- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
29 December 2011
Moscow took a giant step...in its efforts to put pressure on Ukraine's gas pipeline...when Istanbul agreed to permit Gazprom's South Stream pipeline to be built across its territories.
The project will give Russia a straight shot into Europe under the Black Sea...bypassing Ukraine.
South Stream could be completed by 2015.
Moscow and Kiev have long been disputing nat gas rates.
Ukraine is presently paying $400/mcm...but insists that a fairer price is $250/mcm.
It is threatening to take Russia to international mediation...and even switch back to coal.
The EU is backing a costly competing pipeline...the Nabucco...from the Caspian to Austria.
Nabucco's approval may be announced in 2012.