- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
29 December 2011
Moscow took a giant step...in its efforts to put pressure on Ukraine's gas pipeline...when Istanbul agreed to permit Gazprom's South Stream pipeline to be built across its territories.
The project will give Russia a straight shot into Europe under the Black Sea...bypassing Ukraine.
South Stream could be completed by 2015.
Moscow and Kiev have long been disputing nat gas rates.
Ukraine is presently paying $400/mcm...but insists that a fairer price is $250/mcm.
It is threatening to take Russia to international mediation...and even switch back to coal.
The EU is backing a costly competing pipeline...the Nabucco...from the Caspian to Austria.
Nabucco's approval may be announced in 2012.