- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
23 December 2011
The hard scrabble little village of Granen, pop. 2,100...in arid Huesca province...had many of the 1,800 winning tickets in the world's biggest Christmas lottery.
The first 'El Gordo' was in 1812.
The top lucky number... 58268...was worth 700 million euros...or 400,000 euros/$524,000 for each ticket.
As expected...the residents danced, sang, embraced and sprayed sparkling wine.
Even more surprising...Spaniards pay NO tax on winnings.