- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
23 December 2011
Rio state's prosecutors are threatening to indict executives of Chevron and Transocean after a recent 3,000 bbl oil leak in its offshore Frade field.
They also seek to shut all operations and levy fines of $10.8bn.
“Depending on the measures that the government may take, it would make oil exploration in Brasil much more expensive,” said a Rio expert.
Oil execs call Rio's actions...an 'overreaction.'
“I’m a little surprised by the stance that you’re seeing in Brasil, largely because it’s so excessive, potentially, that you could put a very big chill on foreign investment in the deep water,” said a USA fund manager.
"Unlike the BP incident in the Gulf, this year’s Brasilian and Chinese spills are within the normal range of oil industry accidents,' claims a geologist.