- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
23 December 2011
Rio state's prosecutors are threatening to indict executives of Chevron and Transocean after a recent 3,000 bbl oil leak in its offshore Frade field.
They also seek to shut all operations and levy fines of $10.8bn.
“Depending on the measures that the government may take, it would make oil exploration in Brasil much more expensive,” said a Rio expert.
Oil execs call Rio's actions...an 'overreaction.'
“I’m a little surprised by the stance that you’re seeing in Brasil, largely because it’s so excessive, potentially, that you could put a very big chill on foreign investment in the deep water,” said a USA fund manager.
"Unlike the BP incident in the Gulf, this year’s Brasilian and Chinese spills are within the normal range of oil industry accidents,' claims a geologist.