- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
23 December 2011
In the western village of Swiebodzin...a new statue of Christ rises more than 118 feet.
Known as 'Christ the King"...the statue is the child of Rev. Sylwester Zawadzki...and divides Poles.
Many insist the more than $1mn should have been spent helping the poor...or improving education.
Its height is its claim to fame.
It is seemingly taller than Rio's famous Christ the Redeemer statue...and the 34.2-meter-high Cristo de la Concordia in Cochabamba, Bolivia.
Peru's former President Allen Garcia also quietly erected a huge Christ statue overlooking Lima before departing office.