- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- CHINA: Off Topic But Interesting: Ai WeiWei...Rebel Artist...With A Cause.
24 December 2011
RUSSIA: 25 Dec UPDATE: Analysis After 120,000 In Moscow Peacefully Protest Putin and Rigged Elections.
Despite freezing temps...80,000-120,000 people peacefully protested alleged recent rigged elections and the 'managed democracy' of PM Vladimir Putin...for 4 hours...in Moscow's Sakharov Prospect.
It was the biggest protest since the fall of the Soviet Union.
One speaker said: "We are the 99%. The 1% are Kremlin bandits, criminal oligarchs, corrupted officials and other bastards. The 1% are Kremlin bandits, criminal oligarchs, corrupted officials and other bastards.The leadership – these tandem dwarves – is deathly dangerous for Russia."
AND: New analysis from REUTERS: Putin seems even more out of touch, arrogant and autocratic...with declining popularity. Putin's use of the term 'chattering monkeys' annoys many Internet users.