- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
03 December 2011
RUSSIA: Election Monitor Chief Detained Before Parliament Vote; Widespread Corruption Eats Away Confidence.
Lilya Shibanova (above)...the leader of GOLOS...Russia's only independent election monitoring group...was detained at an airport for 12 hours ahead of tomorrow's parliamentary vote.
Shibanova was held for refusing to hand over her laptop "for checking"...fearing it would be confiscated.
Just yesterday...GOLOS was fined $1,000 for allegedly violating election law.
GOLOS says it has received over 5,000 election complaints...many involving Putin's United Russia party.
AND: a revealing report about widespread Russian corruption: How many lowly bureaucrats and pols live in mansions and drive expensive cars on small state salaries.
But most shocking...is the case of whistle-blower Sergei Magnitsky (above)...who discovered massive fraud...revealed it...and died in prison because of it.