- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
12 December 2011
Senior Milano police officer Marco Ciacci...was the first witness to testify in the sex trial of former PM and anciano billionaire Silvio Berlusconi.
Ciacci claimed to have strong evidence that teenage exotic dancer Karima El Mahroug...aka Ruby Heartstealer...worked as a prostitute while attending Berlusconi's infamous "bunga bunga" sex parties.
"There was a series of converging elements, (including) witness declarations and numerous wire taps," he said.
Another witness, Caterina Pasquino, an ex-flat mate of El Mahroug's...had told investigators in 2010: "I remember that she said she was very friendly with the prime minister and that she had often been to his house where she had had dinner, danced and had sex with him, for which he paid her a lot of money."
If convicted...Berlusconi could face up to 15 years on two charges.