- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
01 December 2011
"A joke making the rounds: A Greek, an Italian and a Spaniard walk into a bar. Each orders a drink. Who pays? The German."
After yesterday's massive co-ordinated cbanks liquidity move...that eerily aped an Oct 2008 Lehman action...markets surged...because it foreshadows probable future moves....and... of course... buys more time.
The technical 50 bps rate decrease... may also lessen banks' needs to sell assets at fire sale prices.
But..."Euro-area policy makers have been trying to figure out how to exit the current crisis and create an appropriate institutional structure," says an economist. Unfortunately..."the attempt to meet these objectives simultaneously has...contributed to worsening the crisis."