- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
26 November 2011
The first shipment of tons of gold bullion arrived safely in Caracas...after President Hugo Chavez ordered repatriation of 85% of its gold reserves from overseas.
More than 500 soldiers and armored vehicles reportedly guarded the shipment sent by plane.
Chavez has ordered...some 160 tons of bullion...worth over $11bn...returned to Caracas.
Much of it is reportedly stored in London.
"The gold is returning to where it was always meant to be: the vaults of the Central Bank of Venezuela," said Chavez.