- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
18 November 2011
SPAIN / EUROZONE : Conservative Mariano Rajoy...Madrid's Next PM? Expect Pain...And More Pain Ahead!
Conservative Mariano Rajoy, 56...hails from the hard scrabble lands of northwest Galicia...and is widely believed to be the next PM...after Sunday's election.
In fact, the 'markets' have already discounted his victory...yet Spain's sovereign debt rates are soaring.
Rajoy is a true believer in more 'austerity' measures...which should delight Germany and the ECB...but not the growing number of 'indignados.'
FOR OPINION: Have the Spanish people 'given up'? If so...they are in store for a new world of pain under Rajoy.