- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
18 November 2011
SPAIN / EUROZONE : Conservative Mariano Rajoy...Madrid's Next PM? Expect Pain...And More Pain Ahead!
Conservative Mariano Rajoy, 56...hails from the hard scrabble lands of northwest Galicia...and is widely believed to be the next PM...after Sunday's election.
In fact, the 'markets' have already discounted his victory...yet Spain's sovereign debt rates are soaring.
Rajoy is a true believer in more 'austerity' measures...which should delight Germany and the ECB...but not the growing number of 'indignados.'
FOR OPINION: Have the Spanish people 'given up'? If so...they are in store for a new world of pain under Rajoy.