- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
16 November 2011
Sore loser and sometimes extreme leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, 58, will be the PRD's 2012 presidential candidate.
The former Mexico City mayor claimed for years he was robbed in the 2006 election...which he lost by less than 1%.
But he was selected by an official poll as the PRD's best representative.
"We kept our promise that the leftist candidate would be the one who was best placed," Lopez Obrador said.
He beat out his only rival...current moderate Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard.