- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
07 November 2011
GUATEMALA / NICARAGUA : 8 Nov UPDATE: Ex-General Perez Molina Easily Wins Run-Off; Landslide For Ortega But "Fraud" Claimed.
Conservative ex-general and intelligence director Otto Perez Molina (above) easily won Guatemala's presidential runoff with 54%...against tycoon-turned populist Manuel Baldizon.
It means Perez, 61, is the first ex-military elected president since military rule ended 25 years ago.
In Nicaragua...Daniel Ortega (above), 65...cruised to another 5-year term...with between 62-66% of the vote.
But there were claims of many voting irregularities from OAS observers...perhaps in an effort to boost the vote count.
UPDATE 8 Nov...The losing opposition candidate with 31% of the vote...Fabio Gadea...calls the election a "fraud"...with 86% of the ballots counted.