- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
07 November 2011
GUATEMALA / NICARAGUA : 8 Nov UPDATE: Ex-General Perez Molina Easily Wins Run-Off; Landslide For Ortega But "Fraud" Claimed.
Conservative ex-general and intelligence director Otto Perez Molina (above) easily won Guatemala's presidential runoff with 54%...against tycoon-turned populist Manuel Baldizon.
It means Perez, 61, is the first ex-military elected president since military rule ended 25 years ago.
In Nicaragua...Daniel Ortega (above), 65...cruised to another 5-year term...with between 62-66% of the vote.
But there were claims of many voting irregularities from OAS observers...perhaps in an effort to boost the vote count.
UPDATE 8 Nov...The losing opposition candidate with 31% of the vote...Fabio Gadea...calls the election a "fraud"...with 86% of the ballots counted.