- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- BRASIL: Miss Bum Bum Finalists To Be Chosen By Online Vote.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
07 November 2011
GUATEMALA / NICARAGUA : 8 Nov UPDATE: Ex-General Perez Molina Easily Wins Run-Off; Landslide For Ortega But "Fraud" Claimed.
Conservative ex-general and intelligence director Otto Perez Molina (above) easily won Guatemala's presidential runoff with 54%...against tycoon-turned populist Manuel Baldizon.
It means Perez, 61, is the first ex-military elected president since military rule ended 25 years ago.
In Nicaragua...Daniel Ortega (above), 65...cruised to another 5-year term...with between 62-66% of the vote.
But there were claims of many voting irregularities from OAS observers...perhaps in an effort to boost the vote count.
UPDATE 8 Nov...The losing opposition candidate with 31% of the vote...Fabio Gadea...calls the election a "fraud"...with 86% of the ballots counted.