- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
07 November 2011
GUATEMALA / NICARAGUA : 8 Nov UPDATE: Ex-General Perez Molina Easily Wins Run-Off; Landslide For Ortega But "Fraud" Claimed.
Conservative ex-general and intelligence director Otto Perez Molina (above) easily won Guatemala's presidential runoff with 54%...against tycoon-turned populist Manuel Baldizon.
It means Perez, 61, is the first ex-military elected president since military rule ended 25 years ago.
In Nicaragua...Daniel Ortega (above), 65...cruised to another 5-year term...with between 62-66% of the vote.
But there were claims of many voting irregularities from OAS observers...perhaps in an effort to boost the vote count.
UPDATE 8 Nov...The losing opposition candidate with 31% of the vote...Fabio Gadea...calls the election a "fraud"...with 86% of the ballots counted.