- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
26 November 2011
Here's a very interesting news analysis...overlooked during the USA holiday.
"Since 2009, Germany and a handful of other countries, like the Netherlands, have benefited significantly from cheaper borrowing costs as investors diverted cash from riskier assets and the bonds of southern European countries to debt issued by the Continent’s fiscal hawks."
Germany may have saved as much as E40bn/$54bn in borrowing costs from just 2009-2011...while the Netherlands saved at least E7.5bn.
"It helps explain why Germany has taken a tough line against “budget sinners” in the south like Greece, which have been virtually locked out of bond markets by high borrowing costs, and why Germany has been reluctant to create a “big bazooka” or huge bailout fund to stem the crisis. The bond markets delivered cheap money to Germany, and resulted in something Berlin badly wanted: economic overhauls in Southern Europe."