- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
30 November 2011
Most world stock markets roared back...some up more than 5%...after the USA's Fed and 5 other central banks...Canada, Japan, Switzerland, Britain and ECB...agreed to lower the cost of USA dollar swap lines.
But experts say the move is not the 'big bazooka' some believe is still needed to support sovereign bond prices, end contagion fears and speculation about the euro's imminent demise.
"This move by the central banks is a necessary, but not a sufficient element, to solve the crisis. The market is waiting for a political solution. But it's good that policymakers have started to cope with the problems at the money market -- the situation had worsened lately. It's a signal at exactly the right time," said a fund manager.