- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
30 November 2011
Most world stock markets roared back...some up more than 5%...after the USA's Fed and 5 other central banks...Canada, Japan, Switzerland, Britain and ECB...agreed to lower the cost of USA dollar swap lines.
But experts say the move is not the 'big bazooka' some believe is still needed to support sovereign bond prices, end contagion fears and speculation about the euro's imminent demise.
"This move by the central banks is a necessary, but not a sufficient element, to solve the crisis. The market is waiting for a political solution. But it's good that policymakers have started to cope with the problems at the money market -- the situation had worsened lately. It's a signal at exactly the right time," said a fund manager.