- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
23 November 2011
Excellent LONG Merkel Profile/Analysis
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is like a rorschach test.
Experts see what they want in her words and actions.
Of course, to many Greeks...she is the villainess.
But to most Germans fretting about inflation and irresponsible actions...Merkel is a heroine.
Yet she has been described by an observer as "...a public figure so superficially unremarkable, so singularly lacking in passion or charisma that in nearly 25 years in politics she has (as her biographer puts it) "not made a single speech that stayed in the memory". A moderator, not a leader; a tactician, not a strategist."
But...the fact is that right now...Angela Merkel is the most powerful woman in the world...as she holds the fate of the eurozone in her hands.
AND: Failure to sell 35% of new German 10 year bonds at auction has sent markets plummeting again.
"This auction is nothing short of a disaster for Germany,"an observer told BLOOMBERG. "If the strongest nation in Europe has this kind of difficulty raising capital, one shudders the upcoming auctions in other European nations."