- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
23 November 2011
VENEZUELA / CHINA : 25 Nov.UPDATE: New Price Controls Sets Off Panic Buying/Hoarding; Beijing Loans Hugo $4 Billion More For Oil /Iron Ore.
With annual inflation raging at an est. 27%...President Hugo Chavez has frozen the prices of 18 consumer products...including fruit juice, mineral water, toilet paper, detergent, soap and shampoo...many from multinationals like Colgate and Pepsi-Cola.
Another 15,000 products may also have their prices frozen.
The 22 Nov. freeze has set off a buying and hoarding spree...with supermarket shelves cleared of the goods.
Chavez says that he wants to "protect people from capitalism".
"The market has...become a perverse mechanism where the big monopolies, the big trans-nationals and the bourgeoisie dominate and ransack the people," he said.
Cooking oils and rice are have been regulated since 2003.
AND: China will loan Chavez another $4bn...to improve oil output, electrical generation and increase aluminum and iron ore production.
Beijing has loaned Chavez $32bn in loans for 410,000 bbls of oil...daily.