- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
23 November 2011
VENEZUELA / CHINA : 25 Nov.UPDATE: New Price Controls Sets Off Panic Buying/Hoarding; Beijing Loans Hugo $4 Billion More For Oil /Iron Ore.
With annual inflation raging at an est. 27%...President Hugo Chavez has frozen the prices of 18 consumer products...including fruit juice, mineral water, toilet paper, detergent, soap and shampoo...many from multinationals like Colgate and Pepsi-Cola.
Another 15,000 products may also have their prices frozen.
The 22 Nov. freeze has set off a buying and hoarding spree...with supermarket shelves cleared of the goods.
Chavez says that he wants to "protect people from capitalism".
"The market has...become a perverse mechanism where the big monopolies, the big trans-nationals and the bourgeoisie dominate and ransack the people," he said.
Cooking oils and rice are have been regulated since 2003.
AND: China will loan Chavez another $4bn...to improve oil output, electrical generation and increase aluminum and iron ore production.
Beijing has loaned Chavez $32bn in loans for 410,000 bbls of oil...daily.