- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ITALY : Historic High Tide In Venice Dampens Romantic Mood.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- COLOMBIA: Will World Cup Matches Affect Presidential Voting?
- CUBA / USA : Fidel Castro Revealed As 'Supreme...Spymaster.'
01 November 2011
President Juan Manuel Santos abolished the DAS...the 58-year-old domestic intelligence agency.
It was clouded by controversy after revelations that it tapped phones on journalists,judges and opponents of ex-President Uribe.
Santos said most staff would be transferred to other departments.
Former DAS chief Jorge Noguera was sentenced to 25 years in jail last month for collaborating with death squads.