- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
28 October 2011
VENEZUELA : Hugo Calls Missing Doctor Navarrete "A Big Fat Liar"; Ramon Guillermo Aveledo Organizes The New Opposition.
President Hugo Chavez has lashed out again at Doctor Salvador Navarrete, who claimed to be Chavez's family doctor and stated that Hugo had less than 2 years to live.
In June...Chavez had a cancerous tumor removed but still refuses to reveal any details about it. Since then...Chavez has undergone 4 chemo treatments.
Navarrete had speculated that Chavez had an aggressive sarcoma.
The doctor fled Venezuela after voicing his opinion and police searched his office.
"He's a big fat liar. I hope he shows his face," Chavez said.
"He presents himself as a doctor of my family -- he isn't. He says that he operated on my mother -- he didn't"...and that he "never performed a single test on me," said Chavez.
ALSO from AP: The new key to the Chavez opposition is ex-baseball exec. Ramon Guillermo Aveledo, 61.