- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
30 October 2011
2 screens combined
Carvajal reports that recent flareups at border crossings in northern Kosovo...which forced NATO to send-in troops...may be less about ethnic tensions...than protests about curtailing oil smuggling.
Oil smuggling across borders is estimated to be a $100mn business there.
“Ethnicity doesn’t play a role when it comes to money,” said an EU prosecutor. “If the Serbs and Albanians can make money from crime, they will do a joint venture."
That joint venture is reportedly led by Zvonko Veselinovic (above), a 30-something Serb with a shaved head...and a fierce reputation.