- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
30 October 2011
2 screens combined
Mario Draghi, 63, is the new president of the European Central Bank...succeeding Jean-Claude Trichet.
What kind of central banker will he be?
Many have criticized the outgoing Trichet for raising interest rates despite a slowing economy...and his steadfast unwillingness to float controversial eurobonds.
Draghi's past suggests that people see what they want to see in him.
“I can only guess where he will go with monetary policy,” said an economist.
Draghi was nicknamed "Super Mario" in the 1990's when he helped privatize many of Italy's businesses to facilitate joining the eurozone...and steer it away from economic disaster.