- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
30 October 2011
2 screens combined
Mario Draghi, 63, is the new president of the European Central Bank...succeeding Jean-Claude Trichet.
What kind of central banker will he be?
Many have criticized the outgoing Trichet for raising interest rates despite a slowing economy...and his steadfast unwillingness to float controversial eurobonds.
Draghi's past suggests that people see what they want to see in him.
“I can only guess where he will go with monetary policy,” said an economist.
Draghi was nicknamed "Super Mario" in the 1990's when he helped privatize many of Italy's businesses to facilitate joining the eurozone...and steer it away from economic disaster.