- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
30 October 2011
2 screens combined
Mario Draghi, 63, is the new president of the European Central Bank...succeeding Jean-Claude Trichet.
What kind of central banker will he be?
Many have criticized the outgoing Trichet for raising interest rates despite a slowing economy...and his steadfast unwillingness to float controversial eurobonds.
Draghi's past suggests that people see what they want to see in him.
“I can only guess where he will go with monetary policy,” said an economist.
Draghi was nicknamed "Super Mario" in the 1990's when he helped privatize many of Italy's businesses to facilitate joining the eurozone...and steer it away from economic disaster.