- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
28 October 2011
Despite newly announced bailout measures...markets continue to be skeptical about attempts to erect firewalls around some highly indebted nations...especially Italy...with its E1.9tn of debt...no growth...and slow walking of structural reforms promised by troubled PM Berlusconi.
Italy's cost for borrowing hit a record auction high...with Roma forced to pay 6.06% to borrow for 10 years...the most since the euro was created in 1999.
Its rate a month ago was 5.86%.
It only sold E7.9bn of a proposed E8.5bn/$12.1bn in 10 year benchmark bonds.
An interest rate of 6% or above is considered by economists to be unsustainable and dangerous.