- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
28 October 2011
Despite newly announced bailout measures...markets continue to be skeptical about attempts to erect firewalls around some highly indebted nations...especially Italy...with its E1.9tn of debt...no growth...and slow walking of structural reforms promised by troubled PM Berlusconi.
Italy's cost for borrowing hit a record auction high...with Roma forced to pay 6.06% to borrow for 10 years...the most since the euro was created in 1999.
Its rate a month ago was 5.86%.
It only sold E7.9bn of a proposed E8.5bn/$12.1bn in 10 year benchmark bonds.
An interest rate of 6% or above is considered by economists to be unsustainable and dangerous.