- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
28 October 2011
Despite newly announced bailout measures...markets continue to be skeptical about attempts to erect firewalls around some highly indebted nations...especially Italy...with its E1.9tn of debt...no growth...and slow walking of structural reforms promised by troubled PM Berlusconi.
Italy's cost for borrowing hit a record auction high...with Roma forced to pay 6.06% to borrow for 10 years...the most since the euro was created in 1999.
Its rate a month ago was 5.86%.
It only sold E7.9bn of a proposed E8.5bn/$12.1bn in 10 year benchmark bonds.
An interest rate of 6% or above is considered by economists to be unsustainable and dangerous.