- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
29 October 2011
From the free market friendly weekly...THE ECONOMIST...a discussion with 3 of its editors...the irrepressible Zanny Minton Beddoes (above), chief John Micklethwait and USA editor Greg Ip...about the most recent Eurozone bailout plan...from the Friday 28 October Charlie Rose TV show.
Frequent PBS contributor...a skeptical Minton Beddoes rightly points out the skimpy details available about raising the fund's new 1 trillion euros...and other troubling issues despite the surge on global markets.
If you're like me and you can't get enough of this ongoing european economic/political Rubik's Cube...then this discussion is for you.