- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
29 October 2011
Popular former 2 term President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, 66, has been diagnosed with throat cancer...and will immediately undergo outpatient chemo treatments in Sao Paulo.
The doctors say the cancer was caught early...and hadn't spread.
Lula left office almost 11 months ago...with about 87% approval.
He helped lift 21 million out of poverty...and reduced Brasil's dread inflation by more than half.
A Sao Paulo cafe employee reacted: "...this makes me sad. The things he did helped me a lot.
If he could be re-elected again, I would vote for him, smiling."
But it puts Lula's return...and even his role in future politics...into question.