- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
29 October 2011
Popular former 2 term President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, 66, has been diagnosed with throat cancer...and will immediately undergo outpatient chemo treatments in Sao Paulo.
The doctors say the cancer was caught early...and hadn't spread.
Lula left office almost 11 months ago...with about 87% approval.
He helped lift 21 million out of poverty...and reduced Brasil's dread inflation by more than half.
A Sao Paulo cafe employee reacted: "...this makes me sad. The things he did helped me a lot.
If he could be re-elected again, I would vote for him, smiling."
But it puts Lula's return...and even his role in future politics...into question.