- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
29 October 2011
Popular former 2 term President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, 66, has been diagnosed with throat cancer...and will immediately undergo outpatient chemo treatments in Sao Paulo.
The doctors say the cancer was caught early...and hadn't spread.
Lula left office almost 11 months ago...with about 87% approval.
He helped lift 21 million out of poverty...and reduced Brasil's dread inflation by more than half.
A Sao Paulo cafe employee reacted: "...this makes me sad. The things he did helped me a lot.
If he could be re-elected again, I would vote for him, smiling."
But it puts Lula's return...and even his role in future politics...into question.