- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
31 October 2011
MP Marcelo Freixo, 44...Rio's top anti-mafia campaigner will flee Brasil after 7 credible death threats this month from mafiosas.
Freixo has long worked for change in Rio's prisons and favelas.
Mafia threats are not taken lightly in Rio.
Anti-mafia Judge Patricia Acioli was assassinated by alleged milicias in August in front of her Niteroi home.
"Everything has changed. I have to go everywhere with bodyguards. I have a bulletproof car. I go out far less. I have to constantly change my routine. There are parts of Rio I can't go to anymore," said Freixo.
"I am leaving the country but this is not a retreat. It does not mean I regret taking on the mafia. I will return and I will keep fighting," he told newspaper O GLOBO.