- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
05 May 2011
The USA and Romania struck a deal to deploy as many as 40-50 Sm-3 missile interceptors at the Caracal Air base near Deveselu in far southern Romania.
The deal is testing relations with Moscow and it is asking for "safeguards" because it fears the missiles could be turned against Russia's nuclear force.
The USA has assured Moscow that the missiles pose no threat.
"We have good relations with Russia. We have just ratified the New START treaty, we are working together on various other issues," Undersecretary of State Ellen Tauscher told Romanian lawmakers. "It is a system that will defend NATO and, if Russia chooses to work with us in a cooperative manner, the system will defend Russia, too."