- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- TECHNOLOGY : Today's 8 TWITTER Posts/Newslinks.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
05 May 2011
The USA and Romania struck a deal to deploy as many as 40-50 Sm-3 missile interceptors at the Caracal Air base near Deveselu in far southern Romania.
The deal is testing relations with Moscow and it is asking for "safeguards" because it fears the missiles could be turned against Russia's nuclear force.
The USA has assured Moscow that the missiles pose no threat.
"We have good relations with Russia. We have just ratified the New START treaty, we are working together on various other issues," Undersecretary of State Ellen Tauscher told Romanian lawmakers. "It is a system that will defend NATO and, if Russia chooses to work with us in a cooperative manner, the system will defend Russia, too."