- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
06 April 2013
PORTUGAL/ ECB / IMF : 09 April UPDATE: EC Withholds 2 Billion Euros Tranche After High Court Strikes Down Parts Of Austerity Budget.
New facts in italics.
In Lisboa...the Constitutional Court had ruled against 4 of 9 contested measures in the nation's 2013 austerity budget.
It meant the loss of 1.3 billion euros in savings...required by the Troika's $101 billion bailout in 2011.
Center right PM Coelhos must now find new money sources...or renegotiate with the fiscally demanding Troika.
Some economists say that the shortfall is manageable.
Others expect it will be necessary to cut wages and pensions...highly sensitive areas.
The EC announced it is withholding a 2 billion euros tranche due this month...until Lisboa unearths 1.3 billion euros in new spending cuts...that the court struck down.