- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
06 April 2013
PORTUGAL/ ECB / IMF : 09 April UPDATE: EC Withholds 2 Billion Euros Tranche After High Court Strikes Down Parts Of Austerity Budget.
New facts in italics.
In Lisboa...the Constitutional Court had ruled against 4 of 9 contested measures in the nation's 2013 austerity budget.
It meant the loss of 1.3 billion euros in savings...required by the Troika's $101 billion bailout in 2011.
Center right PM Coelhos must now find new money sources...or renegotiate with the fiscally demanding Troika.
Some economists say that the shortfall is manageable.
Others expect it will be necessary to cut wages and pensions...highly sensitive areas.
The EC announced it is withholding a 2 billion euros tranche due this month...until Lisboa unearths 1.3 billion euros in new spending cuts...that the court struck down.