- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
06 April 2013
PORTUGAL/ ECB / IMF : 09 April UPDATE: EC Withholds 2 Billion Euros Tranche After High Court Strikes Down Parts Of Austerity Budget.
New facts in italics.
In Lisboa...the Constitutional Court had ruled against 4 of 9 contested measures in the nation's 2013 austerity budget.
It meant the loss of 1.3 billion euros in savings...required by the Troika's $101 billion bailout in 2011.
Center right PM Coelhos must now find new money sources...or renegotiate with the fiscally demanding Troika.
Some economists say that the shortfall is manageable.
Others expect it will be necessary to cut wages and pensions...highly sensitive areas.
The EC announced it is withholding a 2 billion euros tranche due this month...until Lisboa unearths 1.3 billion euros in new spending cuts...that the court struck down.