- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
11 April 2013
AUSTIN / FRANCE : Report Claims Disgraced Biker Armstrong Sells Texas Home...To Pay Mounting Legal Costs.
A Texas newspaper reports that disgraced biker Lance Armstrong has sold his nearly 8,000 square foot West Austin mansion and 1.7 acres...to pay mounting legal bills.
Armstrong bought the home in 2004...and renovated it.
Recently...he was reportedly seeking $10 mn.
Tax record list its value at $3.9 mn.
The newspaper says a local businessman took out a $3.1 mn loan to purchase the property.
There are many lawsuits pending against Armstrong after his recent admission to drugging during his career when he 'won' 7 Tour de France titles.
The prestigious titles were stripped from him.. and removed from record books.
A spokesman says Armstrong will remain in Austin.
Armstrong owns or has owned homes in Colorado, Hawaii, Spain, New York and the Bahamas.