- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
11 April 2013
AUSTIN / FRANCE : Report Claims Disgraced Biker Armstrong Sells Texas Home...To Pay Mounting Legal Costs.
A Texas newspaper reports that disgraced biker Lance Armstrong has sold his nearly 8,000 square foot West Austin mansion and 1.7 acres...to pay mounting legal bills.
Armstrong bought the home in 2004...and renovated it.
Recently...he was reportedly seeking $10 mn.
Tax record list its value at $3.9 mn.
The newspaper says a local businessman took out a $3.1 mn loan to purchase the property.
There are many lawsuits pending against Armstrong after his recent admission to drugging during his career when he 'won' 7 Tour de France titles.
The prestigious titles were stripped from him.. and removed from record books.
A spokesman says Armstrong will remain in Austin.
Armstrong owns or has owned homes in Colorado, Hawaii, Spain, New York and the Bahamas.