- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
22 February 2013
CUBA / RUSSIA : Moscow To Write-Off Billions In Debt; Raul Jokes About Retiring.
While PM Dmitry Medvedev was visiting muggy La Habana to discuss new trade and old debts...President Raul Castro joked he might want to retire soon.
Medvedev says Moscow will renegotiate some $32 billion owed by Cuba to the former Soviet Union...writing off an unspecified amount...in a 10-year refinancing deal.
Cuba will also lease 8 Russian-built aircraft...for $650 million.
Raul Castro, now in his 82nd year...will be sworn-in for another 5-tear term as president...on Sunday.
He asked Medvedev: "I have the right to retire, don't you think?'