- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
27 February 2013
BULGARIA / CZECH REP / AUSTRIA: Sofia Lowers Electric Rate...Hoping To Stop Angry Protests.
After weeks of nationwide protests...and the fall of its government...the parliament in Sofia will reduce a controversial July electricity rate increase...from 13% to 8%...hoping to dampen the growing anger over it and other austerity measures.
The protests reportedly even sent fallen PM Borisov into the hospital with high blood pressure.
3 self-immolations have also spooked the government.
New elections are scheduled for May.
Anger has also been aimed at the 2 Czech...and one Austrian firms that distribute privatized electricity.
Bulgaria has the second lowest consumer electric rate in Europe...but also low average wages and living standards.