- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
15 February 2013
BRASIL / USA : Brasiliero Billionaire Lemann Helps Buffett Takeover Heinz...In $28 Billion Deal.
Brasil may boast one of the world's most reluctant billionaire.
Jorge Paulo Lemann, 73...is Brasil's richest man...worth $19 billion...especially after the recent failures of boastful, publicity seeking Eike Batista's OGX off shore oil exploits and dry holes...but Lemann is also the quietest.
He doesn't like to be interviewed or photographed...and his family lives in Switzerland.
But he wheels and deals globally...thru his fund 3G Capital.
Now he has partnered with American billionaire Warren Buffett, 82...to takeover USA food giant H.J. Heinz...for a whopping $23 billion...$28 billion with debt assumption.
Lemann also controls beverage giant AmBev...and successfully took over and then quickly sold most of fast food outlet Burger King.