- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
15 February 2013
BRASIL / USA : Brasiliero Billionaire Lemann Helps Buffett Takeover Heinz...In $28 Billion Deal.
Brasil may boast one of the world's most reluctant billionaire.
Jorge Paulo Lemann, 73...is Brasil's richest man...worth $19 billion...especially after the recent failures of boastful, publicity seeking Eike Batista's OGX off shore oil exploits and dry holes...but Lemann is also the quietest.
He doesn't like to be interviewed or photographed...and his family lives in Switzerland.
But he wheels and deals globally...thru his fund 3G Capital.
Now he has partnered with American billionaire Warren Buffett, 82...to takeover USA food giant H.J. Heinz...for a whopping $23 billion...$28 billion with debt assumption.
Lemann also controls beverage giant AmBev...and successfully took over and then quickly sold most of fast food outlet Burger King.