- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
07 January 2013
BRASIL / MEXICO : Payroll Loans Flourish For Banks...But May Threaten Consumers.
Relatively new...and usually small...but rapidly growing...consumer payroll loans...are subtracted directly from emplyment checks...and seen by banks as a new source of profit.
While low risk in themselves...they could cause defaults in other types of debt.
In 12 months ending September...in Brasil...payroll loans increased by 16.5%...to $88 billion...while Mexico saw a 34% increase...to $9 billion.
The interest rate charged in Brasil is 20%...lower than most credit cards.
In Mexico...the interest rate charged is higher... at around 35%.
Banks see it as an easy...and safe way...to get under served new customers.