- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
07 November 2012
ARGENTINA / USA / ECUADOR: 09 Nov UPDATE: Chevron Asks Court To Block Embargo After Judge Orders Much Of Chevron's $2 Billion Assets Seized.
8 lawyers for Chevron asked for a Buenos Aires civil court to revoke another Argentine judge's order to seize/'embargo' much of Chevron's estimated $2 billion in assets there...for some 30,000 indigena plaintiffs in Ecuador.
In late October...lawyers for indigena people asked a Buenos Aires court to enforce a $19 billion award against USA oil giant Chevron...for polluting its Amazon lands.
The Argentine seizure order includes 100% of Chevron's 'capital', 100% of dividends, 100% of its pipeline ownership, 40% of its sales to refineries...and 40% of its money in national banks.