- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
17 October 2012
RUSSIA / UK/ OIL : 18 Oct UPDATE: Rosneft Nears $56 Billion TNK-BP Takeover.
Rosneft is getting serious about consolidating energy production.
It has bid $28 billion for BP's 50% ownership of TNK-BP...after agreeing to a $28 billion deal with its tycoon co-owners.
If concluded...the deal would elevate Rosneft into global oil production leadership...with 4 million bpd...exceeding the current #1 Exxon.
TNK-BP has been valued at $50-56 billion.