- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
12 October 2012
POLAND: Tusk Thwarts Opposition With $95 Billion Spending Plan.
With his opposition growing stronger...PM Donald Tusk won support in parliament...after he promised to spur lagging growth...by spending $95 billion on infrastructure...thru 2020.
The conservative opposition Law/Justice Party called for a snap election...after its popularity surged recently ahead of Tusk's party...for the first time in 7 years.
Growth next year is projected at only 2%.
Poland is the only EU nation that did not slip into recession.
Its current unemployment is 12.4%