- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
14 May 2012
BOSNIA / SERBIA : 17 May UPDATE: Prosecution Error Forces Postponement Of Ratko Mladic's Trial; Ratko Wanted To Raze Sarajevo 'To The Ground.'
What an embarrassment for The Hague!
A huge and 'unprecedented' prosecution boo-boo...caused an indefinite postponement in the trial of Ratko Mladic...the so-called 'Butcher of Bosnia."
The Mladic trial finally began at The Hague...after several postponement motions were dismissed...with a shocking revelation that Ratko and Radovan Karadzic were ready to raze Sarajevo 'to the ground'...unless it was partitioned ethnically.
But then it was revealed that the UN prosecution had neglected to deliver a 'substantial' amount of evidence...about 2-8 million pages of case files...to the defense.
Lawyers for Ratko Mladic...the Bosnian Serb ex-army chief accused of 11 war crimes... were given at least a 6-month postponement.
Mladic, 70...is indicted for genocide and crimes vs humanity...especially the massacre of 8,000 Muslims at Srebrenica.
TO SEE: 9x Mladic At War Fotos: