- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
23 February 2012
RUSSIA : Putin Packs Stadium...In Rare Campaign Appearance.
It was a case of 'Puting' at its best...as some 80,000 packed a Moscow outdoor stadium... to hear PM Putin deliver an 8 minute 'stem winder' campaign speech before many adoring...and some forced to attend...supporters.
Putin's speech had a strong patriotic/nationalistic tone...even invoking Napoleon's failed 1812 invasion and Hitler's defeat.
“We will defend her (Russia) through all time and forever,” he said. “We will never allow anyone to interfere in our internal affairs, we will not allow someone to impose their will on us, because we have our own will! It has helped us to conquer! We are a victorious people! It is in our genes, in our genetic code!”
It was a highly visible show of force for Putin...to offset the recent numerous massive protests of his opposition.
However...he failed to announce any specific reforms...but also stopped short of ridiculing and insulting the growing middle class opposition forces.
“We are afraid of rebellions,”a woman supporter, 46, told the NYTimes. “We are afraid of bloodshed because we all have children. We have near and dear who we worry about. We want stability. I think stability can only come with Vladimir Vladimirovich.”
TO SEE 10x FOTOS: