- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
15 January 2012
Overview/ Long Read
So much savagery in Mexico.
Why the gruesome decapitations...burned bodies...and many mass narco fosas/ hidden graves?
The government recently put its narco death toll since Dec. 2006...at 47,515.
NGOs say Mexico is low-balling the tragic numbers.
But there is little argument about the cause...an estimated $39 billion a year in drug profits!
Still...the violence stumps many in the USA.
"How much is enough to the cartels? How many billions justify how many deaths to them?" said a DEA spokesman. "Mexico is their home, too. Their families live there. At what point does the violence cripple their ability to conduct business?"