- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
09 January 2012
Former DF mayor and defeated 2006 presidential candidate...Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador...aka 'AMLO'...is borrowing a page from ex-Brasil president Lula Da Silva's electoral playbook.
He's trying to convince critics that he has changed his radical ways...and become pro business.
AMLO lost in 2006 by less than a percentage point...and bitterly dismissed the election results for years...as false and fixed.
Now...he's pledging to balance the budget and protect the central bank’s independence.
"He’s realized that you can’t fix the world with socialism,” said a business dealer.“Businessmen were afraid he would expropriate their property. We realize he’s changed.”
Recent polls show Lopez Obrador with 16% support.
The PRI's Pena Nieto currently leads with 45%.