- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
09 January 2012
Former DF mayor and defeated 2006 presidential candidate...Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador...aka 'AMLO'...is borrowing a page from ex-Brasil president Lula Da Silva's electoral playbook.
He's trying to convince critics that he has changed his radical ways...and become pro business.
AMLO lost in 2006 by less than a percentage point...and bitterly dismissed the election results for years...as false and fixed.
Now...he's pledging to balance the budget and protect the central bank’s independence.
"He’s realized that you can’t fix the world with socialism,” said a business dealer.“Businessmen were afraid he would expropriate their property. We realize he’s changed.”
Recent polls show Lopez Obrador with 16% support.
The PRI's Pena Nieto currently leads with 45%.