- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
22 January 2012
BRASIL : 24 Jan UPDATE: Petrobras Chief Gabrielli...Gone! Das Gracas Foster Profiled.
Petrobras shares continued to rise after President Dilma Rousseff announced that she would replace its chief Jose Sergio Gabrielli...after 6 years at the helm of the oil giant.
Gabrielli planned the world class expansion of Petrobras oil reserves...deep in the subsalt off the coast of Rio state.
He will be replaced by a close female Rousseff associate...Maria das Gracas Foster (foto) 58...current head of a PBR gas and energy unit.
Markets seem relieved that he is being replaced by a career technician...and not a political hack.
Das Gracas Foster has a reputation as a hard worker...and harder task mistress.
She comes from a lower working class background in Rio.
Gabrielli's departure was rumored for months.
He may join the government or perhaps run for office in Bahia state.